This is truly becoming an international event, with attendees from the UK, Australia, the Netherlands, and points beyond, as well as locations around the US. We are excited to see that family historians everywhere are embracing the concept of an independent day-long conference about genetic genealogy.
As a reminder, the "Family History and DNA: Genetic Genealogy in 2013" conference will be held on Thursday, June 6, 2013, at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Hotel, 2500 N. Hollywood Way, Burbank, California. The event is co-sponsored by the Southern California Genealogical Society (SCGS) and the International Society of Genetic Genealogy (ISOGG).
Featured speakers include Dr. Spencer Wells, Explorer in Residence at the National Geographic, and lunch speaker Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. Please note that lunch requires an additional payment. To clarify, lunch is for registered attendees only. Registrants may invite a guest (e.g. spouse), as long as space is available. I wish we could accommodate everyone at this fabulous luncheon; however, we haven't yet found a way to stretch the walls of the Convention Center.
Plan to stay for Jamboree, which starts on Friday, June 7. Friday morning's sessions are JamboFREE, and Friday afternoon features a DNA panel as well as an African American DNA session. Of course, we encourage you to stay for the entire weekend.
The Early-bird Conference Registration costs (before 30 April 2013) are listed below. Registration costs increase by $25 between 1 May and 24 May. Walk-in registration, if space is available, is $225 for everyone.
- SCGS Members - $175 on or before 30 April 2013
- SCGS Non-Members - $195 on or before 30 April 2013
- $20 luncheon for registrants
- $60 luncheon for registrant's +1 (a guest) if space is available
- Lunch is not open to the public. Lunch is intended for registered attendees of the "Family History and DNA" conference and a guest.
- Jamboree Website (www.genealogyjamboree.com)
- DNA Day Webpage, including speaker bios
- DNA Day Schedule
- DNA Day Online Registration
- Mail-in Registration Form
- DNA Day Tri-fold Brochure
- DNA Day 8.5"x11" Poster
- Jamboree Online Registration
- (click the appropriate status - nonmember or current/new SCGS member)
- SCGS Membership
- SCGS Website